RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Thorogood Waterproof Leather Comp Safety Toe Work Boot Men's 6 Brown 804-4900
- Mens Cognac Full Crocodile Tail Pattern Western Cowboy Boots J Toe
- MEN'S NYBG SLIP-ON BOAT SHOES DECK SHOE 11M MEDIUM BROWN FAUX LEATHER NEW!
- Brand New Cole Haan Men's Grand Crosscourt II Sneaker - Size 7 M
- Nike Max Lebron XI Low Mens Light Grey/Crimson/Grey Basketball Sneakers size 8
- men's shoes TRIVER FLIGHT 7 () elegant brown suede BX566-40
- Allen Edmonds Casual Genuine Leather Manchester Slip On Dress Shoes Size 12 AA
- Allen Edmonds "THE BARTLETT" Oxfords 13 E Brown (583)
- Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe
- Reebok Women's Vintage 1990's OG Freestyle Hi-Top Shoe 2-70 White sz. 8.5
- Nike Free Transform Flyknit Women's Running Shoe 833410 401 Size 9.5
- RACHEL ROY GARDNER Pewter Glitter Designer Pumps Heels 7.0 M
- Nike Lab Free RN Motion FK 2017 Womens 883292-002 Grey Flyknit Shoes Size 9
- AUTHENTIC NIKE AIR VAPORMAX FLYKNIT Dk Grey Reflect Silver 849557 019 Women size
- Women Genuine Leather Mules Open Toe Pumps Oxfords Gladiator Sandals Slippers
- Vintage Brown Leather NOCONA 7651 Riding Western/Cowgirl Boots Sz-4B Made In USA
- 09-021-1556-0523 Roper Ladies Tan Faux Suede Fashion Boot NEW
- KEEN BELLETERRE NYLON BOOT for Women
- Fly london Salv Red Leather Womens Ankle Boots
- Circle G by Corral L5305 LD Brown Corded Embroidery Boots
- Free People Rust Suede Ocelot Calf Hair Heel Last Outlaw Ankle Boots Size 38 8
- ELIE TAHARI VALENTINA Brown Suede Designer Boots Ankle Boots 7.5 M
- BURBERRY GRANTVILLE BLACK LEATHER CHECK CANVAS GOLD BELTED BUCKLE BOOTS 40 10
- Skechers Men Sneakers 54354 CCOR , GOrun 400- Generate, Charcoal/Orange
- Gentleman/Lady Sneakers low Pinko Inserts Silver Online Shopping Let our products go to the world Extreme speed logistics
- Fly London Ster Womens Leather Matt Boots
- Man's/Woman's Jimmy Choo Heels BNWT superior Carefully selected materials King of the crowd
- Dansko Womens Clog Shoes Size 7.5 - 8 US / 38 EU Pavan Blue Croc Print 340547878
- New in Box Aquazurra Ladies Black Velvet & Pearl Slip On Cosmic
- Sam Edelman Womens Blue Suede/Leather Flats 8 M
- Gentleman/Lady Spring/Autumn Platform Round Women'S Shoes Packaging diversity Year-end sale professional design
- TITTI DELL' ACQUA Chocolate Suede Size 41 Boots
- Fashion Womens Patent Leather Pumps Pointy Toe Metal Chain Block Heel Shoes SIZE
- womens ladies stiletto high heels pointed toe pumps suede dress shoes size 4.5-9
- Women’s Nina New York Red Forbes Open Toe Shoes Size 9 1/2 W
- Alegria Women's Keli Professional Shoe, Black, Size 6.0
- Badgley Mischka Women's Karolina Pump - Choose SZ/Color
- NEW MANOLO BLAHNIK Pale PINK CROCODILE ALLIGATOR SHOES Dorsay Heels 42
- Mare Red Soft Leather Sandals Size Euro 37
- Ladies Fly London Salo Summer Holiday Low Top Beach Casual Trainers All Sizes
- Fendi Pink Velvet Waves Ruffled High Heels Mule Pumps Size 38 NIB $650 Women's
- Adidas V Racer 2.0 (BC0106) Running Shoes Athletic Sneakers Trainers
- AJKO Bred 2012 Sz 9 Air Jordan w/ Box
- DC NEW Mens Pure Shoes White/Black/White BNWT
- New Mens Reebok CLUB C 85 IT BS8255 BEIGE / WHITE US 7.0 - 10.0 TAKSE
- Nike Kyrie 2 Green Glow - CHOOSE SIZE - 819583-007 Black II Mint Irving
- Men’s Nike Air Max Prime Black Shoes Sneakers - Size 10.5
- Saucony Men's Omni 13 Running Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- NEW 2017 NIKE AIR MAX PLUS TN ULTRA = SIZE 8.5 = MENS ATHLETIC SHOES 898015-001
- Nike Air Max Flair UpTempo Medium Olive Green Mens Trainers 942236 200
- ADIDAS PW HUMAN RACE NMD USED SIZE 13 CORE BLACK WHITE BB3068
- Wolverine 1000 Mile PALMER Chukka Brown Boots Size 8 D MSRP $320 USA
- Johnston & Murphy Tassel Loafers Black & Brown Men's 12 Wide
- 01 Men's Embroidery Genuine Leather Horsebit Loafers Oxfords Driving Shoes 2019
- Cole Haan Men's Slip On Shoes Santa Barbara Penny II Woodbury C25478
- Mens Via Spiga Black Shoes Size 7M
- Florsheim Men's Trektion Plain Toe Boot Brown 18608-200
- Vintage Florsheim Imperial 92604 Leather Men's Wingtips Dress Shoes Size 10.5
- New Nike Air Max Fusion Women Trainer Shoes Size 11.5 - 555161-014
- Under Armour Charged Coolswitch Run Athletic Shoes - Women's Size 8.5 - Lavender
- FRYE Women's Veronica Duck Engineer Winter Boot, Black/Multi, 5.5 M US
- NEW ASICS LADIES WOMENS OBERON 5 RUNNING TRAINING GYM RUNNERS SNEAKERS SHOES
- MERRELL WOMENS BARE ACCESS FLEX SHIELD BLACK WHITE SIZE 9
- Bella Vita Women's Luna Open Toe Bootie Almond Suede Zipper
- PRADA women shoes America's Cup black nylon sneaker colored crystals and beads
- Skechers Womens Taxi-Starbright Ankle Bootie- Select SZ/Color.
- Women's Chuncky Block Heel Poointy Toe Tassel Zipper Slip on Ankle Boots Shoes
- Wanted Cordele Over The Knee Boots, Taupe, 9 US / 40 EU
- Ferrini Chocolate Sea Turtle Print Western Embroidered Boots 7 B (M) Exotic
- Womens Ankle Boots Round Toe Pull On Stretchy Platform Shoes Hidden Heels Shoes
- Via Spiga Piper Leather Boot Size 7
- NIB Stuart Weitzman Pearlbacari block heel bootie black boucle 8.5
- Lacoste Men's Jouer Slip 318 2 CAM Trainers, White
- LAKAI SHOES CAMBRIDGE BLUE GUM FREE POSTAGE AUSTRALIAN SELLER
- Ladies Heavenly Feet Miley Leather Ankle Boots
- Bloch Dance Women's Tap-Flex Slip On Tap Shoe, Tan, Size 12 M US US /
- James Smith Cafe Society Mule Slide In Tan Suede Size 40 NEVER WORN RRP $209
- AGL Size 37 Nude Red Ballet Flats AGL Size 37 Ballet Flats AGL Ballet Flats AGL
- New Frye Sofia Tie On dark brown women's shoes size 9
- DANSKO Black PATENT LEATHER Sonja MULES Clogs SHOES 38 7.5 -8 Slip On STAPLED
- Womens Pointy toe Leather Slip on Loafers Fashion Slippers Shoes Mules Plus Size
- Womens Patent Leather Pearls Rivet Metal Decor Loafers Shoes Low Heel Court Pump
- Jessica Simpson DARIA Floral Fabric Straw Wedge Heels
- New NINE WEST Women Leather High Heel Slip On Dress Pump Shoes Sz 8 M
- Jessica Simpson Women's Claudette Nude Patent Pumps
- Hot Women Casual Mid Over Knee High Boot Motor Party Pointy Toe High Heel Shoes
- Alaia Black Brown Suede Platform Pumps SZ 38.5
- BCBGeneration Women's Renee Caged Heeled Sandals Gold Size 6.5
- Black Free People Final Layer Suede Wedge Shoes Sandals Heels 6.5 37 or 8.5 39
- DREAM PAIRS Women's Low-Chunk Low Heel Pump Sandals with Ankle Strap
- Adidas Originals Stan Smith Shoes - Clear Brown/ Vapour Green Size 5 NIB
- Nike Kyrie 2 Abomniable Snowman size 16 Uncle Drew
- Nike SB Paul Rodriguez 9 Elite T - Black/White - 12
- Nike Blazer High Premium (Model 316397-161-Al-Lp Size- 8
- AIR JORDAN SPIZIKE SPIKE LEE RETRO BLACK/GREEN/RED MARS Size US 8.5- 315371-026
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 Black/White-Anthracite 831352-001 Men's SZ 11
- Mens Nike Air Zoom Kobe AD BM Sup Size 9 (AQ5164 001)
- NIKE Men's Hyperdunk Low Lux Basketball Shoe
- ADIDAS NMD R1 PK 6-12 WHITE RED PINK CAMO GLITCH BA8599. PRIMEKNIT BOOST. 2016
- 1801 adidas Originals NMD_XR1 Winter Men's Sneakers Sports Shoes CQ3073
- Nike Air Jordan III 3 Retro BLACK CEMENT COOL GREY WHITE FIRE RED 136064-010 13
- Red Wing Men's 1206 DYNAFORCE 6" Steel Toe Work Boot leather dark brown 8.5 D
- NEW John Varvatos Heritage Wingtip HANDMADE BOOTS Mens Leather Shoes Sz 11 $898
- Men's/Women's adidas Neo Men's CF Advantage Sneaker Charming design excellent Most practical
- Clark Original RARE X DESERT EDMUND VALLEY TOBACCO
- Clarks X Barneys NY Sole Series: Nubuck Wu Wallabee Luxury Comfortable GFK Shoe
- Aerosoles Women's Isere River Boot Black 9 M US
- Cole Haan Cambridge Cap Toe Oxford Shoes British Tan Size 8.5
- Reef RF-0A2YFRSAN-110 Mens Voyage Le Flip Flop- Choose SZ/Color.
- Xtratuf Women's Yellowtail Royal Blue/Grey Size 8 Slip On Shoes
- Women BY9348 Adidas Forum LO Running shoes white black sneakers
- REEBOK WOMEN CLUB C85 VINTAGE RBKCM9162 WO
- NIKE WOMENS AIR HUARACHE RUN SD MUSHROOM LIGHT BONE SAIL WHITE AA0524 200 SZ 8.5
- Adidas NMD_R1 STLT PK W Women Primeknit Running Triple White Clear Orange B37655
- PHILIPPE MODEL WOMEN'S SHOES LEATHER TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW PARIS GLITTER WHI CEB
- Rachel Rachel Roy Risha Over-the-Knee Boots Black Suede Stacked Heels WOMEN $169
- SC35 Deenah Double Buckle Ankle Booties, Dark Olive, 6.5 US
- Hi-Tec Women's Snow Peak 200 WP WOS Black/Purple Size 6 US (K,0)
- TEVA ARROWOOD MID Womens Sz 11 Leather High top Sneakers Shoes TL-50
- VOLATILE Very Volatile Wesley Womens Boot- Choose SZ/Color.
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.