RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
|Condition:||New without box : |
A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging or may be missing original packaging materials (such as the original box or bag). The original tags may not be attached. For example, new shoes (with absolutely no signs of wear) that are no longer in their original box fall into this category. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“New with all tags”|
|Brand:||ZARA||Material:||100% Cow Leather|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Black doc martens boots EU Size 40
- Mr/Ms Alberta Ferretti High Heel Sandals 39 wholesale Carefully selected materials Suitable for color
- Hogan by TOD's Retro Tan Leather Bicycle Toe Sneakers Women's shoe US 7 /
- Cinzia Araia Calf Hair Ridged Rubber Sole Shoes
- Fuzzy Floral Dorothy Womens Flat Extra Wide, Size 8d
- NEW PAS DE ROUGE WOMENS BALLET FLATS
- NEW! Sam Edelman Phoebe 6.5 7.5 Floral Leather Heels Stiletto Anthropologie
- New Gino Ventori Jordan Womens Leather Flats Made In Brazil
- Gentleman/Lady BCBG Red Suede Sandals Size 7.5 Outstanding features Skilled manufacturing Very good color
- Womens Faux Leather Round toe Pumps High Heel Strap Buckle Black shoes US
- Lanvin 2012 Été Wood Stileto Platform Metallic Gold Heel Size 9.5 $1,095
- PRADA Bow Tie Square Toe BLACK Sz 37.5/7.5 Leather Pump Slides 2" Heel Rt $690
- 100% AUTHENTIC NEW WOMEN LOUBOUTIN PASSMULE GOLD WEDGE/ESPADRILLE US 9.5
- Madden Girl Women's Leexi Dress Sandal - Choose SZ/Color
- NEW CLARKS WOMENS LEISA LAKELYN - WOMENS SANDALS - BLACK LEATHER
- Women sandals fur leather model AZAM Us 3.5 to 12
- New Balance 574 Mens Grey/Navy Suede Size 7 thru 8 2-E Wide
- Polo Ralph Lauren Tenen SK VLC black mens shoes boat new size 11
- Men Vans SK8-HI Black Skateboarding Shoes Classic Canvas Suede size US 7.5
- Adidas Lux Low 677548 Luxury Yellow Black Leather Basketball Shoes Men's 11 new
- Adidas Mens Wings + Horns NMD C2 Chukka WH Brown CG3781 Wool
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.